Friday, April 17, 2009

Bastard In The Night

I was stranded in the suburbs - only the suburbs were at 45th and Lexington ( NYC )- and there was a train into the city at 48th. I was hanging out with some stoners and suddenly started going into labor. Somehow I knew the father of my child was the CEO of the company I work for - though I had no recollection of a prior romantic or sexual relationship.

This dream has happened before, as in reoccurring. Not the CEO love triangle , but the baby-pushing part. I never quite remember how I got pregnant - or how long I had been that way before the labor pains start. I'm sure there is some sort of dream interpretations book I could look all of this up in , but I'm sure it will say something like "the labor represents stress in your life". Understanding the meaning, however, takes the fun out of it - so I'm just gonna ride this dream wave and see what other weird places this REM surfboard carries me to.

So - I lay on a bed and the pains set in and I start screaming , then I pass out. I wake up and my mother is there handing me an infant - a boy - asking me how I got there and whose child it is. I can not say - either I'm not sure or afraid of the scandal that would erupt. I can never name the child and I always leave them. In this dream I handed the newborn to my mother and asked one of the stoners in the living room where the closest subway stop was to take me back to the city. I run out the door with blood and afterbirth still shooting out of me , but I figure in a place like this no one would really notice. On the train I act like nothing happened - and am still trying to put the pieces of the puzzle as to : how I got pregnant ? how long I had been that way ? and where the hell this train was taking me !?!?!

Note to self : should probably not have children.

1 comment:

  1. That is one crazy dream lady! Note from me - I think you'll be a great mommy someday, if that is what you want, of course.

    ReplyDelete